Managing Idaho's Landscapes for Ecosystem Services
Idaho Public Television Videos
Gibson Jack Trees
- When scientists study water, sometimes they head uphill.
- ISU researchers have developed an app for community input on the Portneuf River.
- ISU scientists are investigating how to restore this natural resource and still balance the needs of flood control and agricultural concerns.
- A team of scientists from the MILES project joins in to help craft the Portneuf Vision.
Marsh Creek Mud Mystery
- One of the biggest challenges to improving the water quality of the Portneuf River outside of Pocatello is to reduce the amount of sediment flowing in from Marsh Creek.
The Changing River
Virtual Tour of Marsh Valley, Idaho
Portneuf Greenway Virtual Tour
Portneuf River 1959
Bannock County GIS Themes
Pocatello Historic OrthoQuads
The Portneuf River Place-Based Stories
Playing on the Portneuf (Recreation & Water Quality)
Pocatello Vegetation & Temperature
Compare Pocatello; 1959 & 2017
Pocatello Annexation History
Historic Lake Bonneville Flood Path
Appraisal of suspended sediment sources and fluxes in Marsh Creek, SE Idaho
Characterizing Seasonal Sediment Transport Dynamics in Marsh Creek, Southeast Idaho
Sources and Public Perceptions of Contaminants in the Lower Portneuf River Valley
Modeling Sustainability, Ecosystem Services, and Urban Form for Medium-sized Cities in Idaho
Posters & Talks
Historical Change Pocatello
Change Using Photogrammetry
Pocatello, 125 Years of Change
Nitrate Contaminants in Mid-sized Cities
Sagebrush & Human Noise
Recharge Process in Portneuf Valley Watershed
Distribution of Native Fish Portneuf River
Papers - Peer Reviewed
Quantifying the sustainability of urban growth and form through time: An algorithmic analysis of a city's development
Perceptions of Environmental Change and Climate Concern Amoung Idaho's Farmers
Elevation-dependent responses of streamflow to climate warming
A Critical Assessment of the Ecological Assumptions Underpinning Compensatory Mitigation of Salmon-Derived Nutrients
Revisiting River Management Options: Stakeholders, Levees, and Public Policy
Integrating Participatory Mapping Through a Web Application to Enable Public Involvement in City Planning: The Portneuf River Vision Study
Methods in Stream Ecology-Ch3 Macroinvertebrate Drift, Adult Insect Emergence and Oviposition
Investigating Aquatic Insect Emergence: A demonstration of the 5E learning cycle
What has ecosystem service science achieved in Spanish Drylands?
Ecosystem services provided by biocrusts: From ecosystem functions to social values